NEW AT BROOK GREEN SURGERY
The NHS Electronic Prescription Service (EPS) means we can now send prescriptions instantly to any pharmacy of your choice.
You'll enjoy some great benefits with EPS:
- No paper prescriptions: You won't have to worry about keeping track of bits of paper
- Convenient locations close to where you live, work or shop
- Times to suit you many pharmacies offer late-night opening hours
How does EPS work?
- Sign Up
Choose a convenient pharmacy to receive your prescriptions
- Prescription sent to pharmacy
GP electronically sends prescriptions to pharmacy
- Times to suit you
Many pharmacies offer late-night opening hours
INCREASE IN APPOINTMENTS AVAILABLE
AT BROOK GREEN SURGERY
Following patient feedback we have increased the number and type of appointments available in order to reduce the waiting time for an appointment. We now offer a wide range of appointments including:
· 15 minute appointments bookable online/through the telephone booking system or directly with a receptionist
· 10 minute appointments bookable online/through the telephone booking system or directly with a receptionist
· Telephone consultations bookable online/through the telephone booking system or directly with a receptionist
· On the day urgent appointments bookable only through reception
· 2 day urgent appointments bookable only through reception
We would welcome any feedback about the new appointments available and our aim is to ensure by offering more appointments that it is easier for patients to get the most suitable appointment when required.
NEW ONLINE BOOKING SYSTEM
We are pleased to announce a new on-line booking system and improved repeat prescribing service. Although current systems will remain for a few months we are very keen that you sign up to our improved services. Please download the Online Services Registration Form and bring it to the surgery with photo-id. Our receptionist will then issue you with a unique login name and password. For further information and form pleaseClick Here.
NEW NHS DATA COLLECTION PROGRAMME
The government are planning to automatically extract patient data from GP records. Your date of birth, full postcode, NHS Number and gender rather than your name will be used to link your records in a secure system, managed by the HSCIC. Once this information has been linked, a new record will be created. This new record will not contain information that identifies you. The type of information shared, and how it is shared, is controlled by law and strict confidentiality rules. This data is intended only to be used purposes related to research and improving healthcare outcomes.
If you are happy for your information to be used then you do not need to do anything. We do not recommend that you opt out, however you may choose to do so. To help you make an informed choice you can visit this website to find more information, or download a leaflet here.
If you have decided to opt out of care.data the process is straightforward. If you opt-out now you can opt-in at any time in the future if and when you are happy to, and at a time of your choosing.
There is no "official" opt-out form but you can collect a leaflet from reception or download it here . Complete this and either hand it in at reception or post or fax it to:
Brook Green Surgery
15 Brook Green
London W6 7BL
Fax: 020 3311 5335
We will then add two opt-codes (9Nu0 and 9Nu4) to your notes which will prevent your data from being extracted.
You may also decide to opt-out your children, or those for whom you have parental responsibility.
Alternatively you can write a letter to your surgery (giving full name(s) and DOBs and address) stating that you wish to opt-out of care.data.
You should not need to:
· make an appointment with your GP
· arrange to see your GP surgery's practice manager
· Ring your GP or GP surgery
If you go through this process for opting out you can assume that we will have taken the appropriate actions. However if you do require confirmation please leave your mobile telephone number and we will text this to you.
Like To Register?
New to the area and would like to join our practice? We would be happy to help you. Fill in our registration forms and come see us. Find out more
Friends & Family
The Friends and Family Test (FFT) is a new feedback tool available from 1st December 2014 that supports the fundamental principle that people who use NHS services should have the opportunity to provide feedback on their experience that can be used to improve services. It is not a traditional survey. It is a continuous feedback loop between patients and the surgery. The following principles apply:
- The results will be available to the public and patients to inform individual patient decisions and choices.
- Patients can feedback via FFT after each experience of a practice’s service if they wish via our website or paper copies in the surgery. FFT Survey
- The process is simple for practices, patients & NHS England
- The FFT is continuous, it is not a one off, traditional survey, or a scheduled feedback tool
- The patient’s response is anonymous
(Site updated 17/04/2015)